Wednesday, November 11, 2009
5th Grade Blogging
I enjoyed blogging with the 5th grade students. I was suprised at how well they expressed themselves and how comfortable with blogging they were. I know when I was that age I didn't know enough about technology/computers to be competent blogging. I thought they way their blogs were set up with the teacher approving all content was a safe way for teachers to blog and I really see no problem with it. One of the only concerns I can think of is making sure students understand internet safety which can easily be taught in a couple lessons. I can better understand how blogging can work in a classroom now. I may consider blogging in my classroom because of this activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is really important to address internet safety in school. Many parents don't know how to teach their kids about Internet safety. One big issue is to convincing them to keep their passwords secret!
ReplyDelete