I have chosen to work on a webquest for Spanish students about Christmas (La Navidad) in Mexico and Puerto Rico.
The address for it is: http://rosarodz.tripod.com/webquest.htm
There are several things I would change about this webquest. The first being the graphics because the current graphics do not add anything to the webquest, they actually make it seem less attractive. The rubric states "Appropriate and thematic graphic elements are used to make visual connections that contribute to the understanding of concepts, ideas and relationships." That is not accomplished in this webquest. The second thing I would change is that instead of putting students in pairs, I would put them in groups of 4, assigning each group to pick 2 Spanish speaking countries to study and compare. The rubric says that "task is doable and engaging," I believe that putting students in groups of 4 makes it more doable because writing and presenting a project in Spanish can be difficult and with 4 people working on the project it would be easier. In addition, I would ask each group to prepare a traditional Christmas food from each of their countries, as well as present their presentation of the 2 countries in class. This meets the requirement in the rubric which states "The task requires synthesis of multiple sources of information, and/or taking a position, and/or going beyond the data given and making a generalization or creative product."
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You have identified excellent areas for revisions! I look forward to seeing the final version!
ReplyDelete